Friday, August 16, 2013

A Happy Interlude with a Fuzzy Cat

Max can not resist a good quilt. In fact, he is the worst photo bomber. 

When I heard about Lily Pad Quilting's Pets on Quilts Show (direct link here), I knew I would have tons of entry options. This is my pick for the Cats on Quilts category.


Obviously, I had to choose the one where he managed to lay on the MOST quilts! Extra points for that?

There are at least three quilts in this photo. 


So cozy and cute. I could not resist adding more. 


True confession. Derek bribed me to get me to move across the country to live with him in North Carolina. He told me we could get a cat (we also got engaged).

It worked.


I had kitten Max picked out via shady internet connections while I was working in Belize and Ecuador the summer before I moved (if you know South American internet cafes, you understand what a commitment this was). We picked Max up 5 days after pulling my Penske truck up to our North Carolina apartment.


I have not regretted it once. Not the move or the Fuzz (as he is affectionately known).


Even when he wakes me up at 6 am by jumping on my face. I don't even regret him then.

I have never regretted Derek (and he has never jumped on my face at 6 am).

Thanks for visiting to see the cat love! I can't wait to check out all of the cuteness.

P.S. - I am going to have a super exciting announcement on Monday. Come back, bring your friends. Do not miss it! I wish I could tell you more. The excitement is figuratively killing me!

31 comments:

  1. Max looks like he has so much purrsonality!!! I love the smile!!!! And I bet you're glad Derek doesn't jump on your face at 6am LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max is so handsome and photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny...he sure looks like a bit of a personality

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo of him sunning his belly! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max is adorable, the little poser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mr. Meowz. You are a pretty cat but please stop jumping on faces. My cat used to poke at my eyeballs to wake me up.

    Next up Husbands on Quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helloooo ~ Let me introduce myself, I am Sweet William The Scot, and I am taking the tour of the quilts. I am more of a dog blogger, but I have made three quilts in my lifetime. Nothing could be better than a quilt and a sun puddle. Your quilts are lovely.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for saying figuratively killing you, so much so, I literally breathed a sigh of relief. Ha. Anyhow - this cat looks pretty bomb. I am not a big cat person because I had one awesome cat, then all the other cats I knew/know aren't awesome. Fuzz looks pretty chill - like we could be friends. I am also intrigued by the level of bribery Derek uses on you. I like it. Yay for Max on quilts - he looks pretty happy with himself in that first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's so cute!! All cat. :D Love the extra pictures, too. Smart man, bribing with a cat. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Max looks great in all your photos!!! Beautiful quilts too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Max and your quilts are so beautiful! I'm happy to see also the woodpecker pillow - that's my favourite block. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is so nice to get the quilty love. I will let Max know another person thinks he is handsome. :)

      Delete
  12. Max and the quilt are great. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Max is so cute! He is the perfect accessory to your beautiful quilts, lol or maybe the quilts are HIS accessory- ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a ham! Wonderful pictures of Max and your quilts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Max obviously is an experienced quilt model :-) Love his poses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your cat .. .and your quilts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can tell Max is a character! He is so cute! I also signed up to follow your blog!
    Good luck in the contest - I am also entered as cat#84.
    xo jan@sewandsowfarm

    ReplyDelete
  18. Max is adorable! I can just tell he was purring away in that first photo! I can vote for him since I only have entries in the dog category (67 & 85 if you are curious).

    I have been following your blog for a few months now and all of your quilts really are beautiful. Gotta love your blog name too ;-)

    Lisa
    imperfectseams@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Replies
    1. Thank you! He totally agrees with you (I guess I do to :))

      Delete
  20. Love, love the Fuzz! Great story, handsome kitty, and wonderful quilts! Who could ask for more?! LOL
    Love,
    Snoodles

    ReplyDelete
  21. Funny story! Max looks like such a character and such a cute Fuzz! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for sending me a message. I try to respond to every single comment I get, but sometimes it takes me a bit when life gets crazy. I see them right away and I love you all.